Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Creating Something New

The only good thing about getting to the end of the Sunbutter jar is...

Overnight Oats!

This sunflower seed butter is my new favorite.  Seriously, the taste is amazing - nutty and sweet and so different from peanut or almond butter.  There was about a Tablespoon of Sunbutter left in the bottom and sides of the jar, so I added a cup of Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup of raw oats, and 1/3 cup of almond milk.  I stirred it together and put it in the fridge overnight.


This morning I added strawberries and shredded coconut.


Along with savoring every bite of this, I also savored the fact that today is something new for me; it's a little surreal.  All of my teacher friends are greeting their smiling, nervous students today, and although I do miss a few small parts, I am beyond excited for this new opportunity to stay home with my boys, teach high school English online and power yoga at Dancing Dogs, blog more, have time to cook, grocery shop and try new recipes, stay up later with my husband because I don't have to be at work at 6:30 am, and say yes to traveling because now I can work from wherever.  This was a huge risk and leap of faith for me.  It was safe to stay where I was, with job security, great benefits, and just the simple knowledge of what to expect.  But what kind of growth comes with staying, just to stay?  I was scared - still am.  I have no idea what I am doing with this new position, but I am learning.  And I'm proud of myself.  For stepping outside of my comfort zone, beyond what may be the most practical decision, beyond what is comfortable, and choosing to CREATE the life that I want and that's best for my family.  Sometimes we have to give something up to create something new.  I dropped my fear, and stepped into something bold and unknown; and I'm excited!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Tell me more about teaching online! That's just a dream, huh?

    ReplyDelete